Thursday, March 5, 2009

There's no place like home!

Well, after the long, agonizing decision to not induce labor on Monday and wait for it to start naturally....my water broke!!! I woke at 1:45 on Monday morning to this discovery and we rushed to the hospital thinking that the birth would be quick. A very LONG 12 1/2 hours later our baby girl, Leah Joy came into our world, weighing 7 pounds even. It was a hard labor with pitocin and no epidural but everyone is healthy and happy! The best part is that no one can see any evidence of problems to Leah due to the 2 vessel cord! The nurses said they were pleased to see how hungry Leah is and even described her as "insistent". We are actually under negotiations with the hospital, as we already have reached our limit of insistent little girls! :) Here are a few pictures of us at the hospital...I am so thankful my sister, Kelly, was there to take some great pics of us!

Our new family...


Leah Joy DeVilbiss





My body aches, my hormones are raging, I am so tired I can't see straigth, and my private parts hurt more than they should. However, my heart is over flowing with joy as I am amazed at God's goodness to us! I can't help but look at little Leah and just marvel at her perfection. Her ears are perfect and petite, her eyes full of life, her little button nose is perfect just above her sweet little mouth. I can't wait to watch as she grows into who God has made her to become. It is a fact that the fourth baby is no less miraculous than the first!

And a few at home....







We can't wait for everyone to meet little Leah!

6 comments:

Warner family said...

she's So adorable! Enjoy every minute as I'm sure you will. What an amazing blessing. Hopefully we can get to Cincy soon and meet her!

Tiffany said...

Oh, Kim...she is gorgeous! Congratulations! How amazing that she came on Monday...wow! God is so good. I can't wait to meet her.

Amy and Mike said...

Congratulations!!!! She is so beautiful - what a blessing! We are so happy for you all.

Jennifer said...

She is very cute! How sweet! I am happy for you that you were able to follow through with your plan for the whole labor. Congrats and good job!

Lexi O'Connor said...

She's precious! I love the pictures. Congrats on your sweet little addition!

Tami said...

My heart overflows at the testimony of God's faithfulness to being in control. I am at the point of tears to know that she is healthy, and completely perfect. With abundant joy, I look forward to delivering a meal to you all tomorrow. Praise our Faithful Heavenly Father!