Friday, March 26, 2010

Here we go!!!

Well, in a nutshell, here's what God's been doing in our family.

It started back in the fall, when Emily started telling me that when she grows up she wants to work at an orphanage. She said she wants to be a "nice orphanage lady, not a mean one, so the kids will feel loved and I can tell them about Jesus". Then she would clean her room and bring a bag of toys to me asking if we could send them to an orphanage. God was preparing her heart well before this "big thing"was even in motion!

Around the same time, I started thinking about how wonderful it would be to take the girls on mission trips during the summer. I would take Allie one summer, and then Emily the next. As I talked to Brian about this, he agreed and we started thinking about doing this in a few years. But then...I started hearing from God. I wish I could say that I hear God's voice on a regular basis in my life, but I don't. But when I do, it's obvious! The story is much longer and if you would like more detail, ask....I love to share it!

But, in a nutshell....I am taking Allie and Emily this summer to Monterrey, Mexico to serve with our church and Back 2 Back Ministries in an orphanage. We will be there the last week of June, and I simply can not wait! The girls are so excited and even Sam is excited about the part he will play here at home by helping out his Dad and his baby sis. I simply can't wait to see what God has in store for us!

Check back...I will share stories throughout this journey. Thanks for walking it with us!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Awesome Kim! That will be one amazing trip for you guys!

Tiffany said...

Such a wonderful experience this will be for your family. I am so excited for what God has in store for you and your girls on this trip! Will pray for you as you take this bold step.

Jen said...

Oh my gosh - I volunteered at an orphanage outside of Monterrey, Mexico when I was in college. I would love to know where you'll be!