It is so hard to believe. This last year really has been the fastest year EVER! It feels like it was just yesterday that I was pregnant and so ready to get this baby out of me! But now, here she is, and it's been a year. Leah is such a sweet heart. She has come into our family and has just been the perfect addition. I am quite certain that this next year will go just as fast, maybe even faster. I know that I will enjoy every little minute with these kids, because this time is so short.
Here's a few things we have noticed about Leah over the last year:
* She is so content! And so happy.
* She loves to play peekaboo.
* She loves to sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider and can even do the hand motions (sort of!) with me.
* She loves to watch her Praise Baby DVD, and she listens to the CD as she goes to sleep.
* She is an awesome sleeper! Two 2 hour naps a day and about 11 hours at night.
* She won't walk yet. She has taken some steps on her own, but she knows she moves much faster on her hands and knees. She's smart like that.
* Leah loves food! She eats just about anything, but she is still allergic to milk, so we have to watch closely what she puts in her mouth.
* Leah loves her toys. It's fun watching her play with them.
* She copies what we are doing...everything from closing our eyes, to laughing, to fake crying. She just loves to be a part of the conversation and will laugh on cue with the rest of us!
* She has the cutest little scrunched up face/nose grin! It always makes us laugh!
* She likes to jump in her jumparoo.
* She will crawl over to someone who is upset, just to see if she can help.
* She loves to dance to music, especially to the Webkinz song, Hug a Pug!
* She tries to sign "I love you", and waves anytime someone is leaving or she is going to go to bed.
* She says about 6 different signs, "milk", "all done", "eat", "thank you", "more", and a couple others.
* Leah points to things, and when she does it looks like she is making an "L". We can't decide if she is "signing" Leah, or if she is just calling us a Loser!! :)
* She says "mama", "dada", "no" (yes, we are in trouble!), and has just started saying "dat?" which I think means "what's that?". She also will hold the phone to her ear and say something that sounds a whole lot like "hello".
* She loves to ride on her Mickey Mouse rocking horse and dances while the music plays on it.
* Her hair is growing in nicely, and it's pretty light! I can't wait until we can get pigtails (although, Emily already put pigtails...it was quite a site!)
* She weighs 20 lbs 4 oz (our biggest girl at age one!), 35 % and is 29 in long, 50%.
Here's a couple of my favorite pictures from her one year shoot.
I believe that this next year is going to be just as exciting as the last. It has been so much fun watching the big kids interact with Leah and now that she is so much more social...the best is yet to come! I am one blessed Mama!
CharlotteSmartyPants.com. Charlotte kids & moms resource on a variety of activities, events and mommy-related topics